“I WILL KEEP DRAWING UNTIL THE LAST DROP OF MY INK.” TALKING TO ZUNAR. PART II.
By: Charlotte Chin
I had the pleasure to interview the Malaysian cartoonist Zulkiflee Anwar Ulhaque, who is better known as Zunar.
His cartoons are cynical, regime-critical and are dealing with several political issues such as corruption, cronyism or the glamorous life of Prime Minister Najib Razak and his wife Rosmah (1MDB scandal).
Zunar was imprisoned during the 1990s and was slammed with nine Sedition Act charges for his cartoons as well as his tweets, which are criticising the Malaysian judiciary in 2015. If he is found guilty of all nine charges, he faces up to 43 years of jail term.
In this part Zunar is describing his work and is talking about his trial and his visions for the future of Malaysia.
How successful is your work? Does it affect people and how does it affect them?
Buy My Merchandise
- [Pre-Order] Politik Caca Marba - Kartun2 Era PN RM30.00
- Hello Mr. Peng Khia Nutt [Digital Book] RM10.00
Zunar Clearance Bundle Pack
- Kartun Anti Racism (KAR) RM30.00
- Fight Through Cartoons. My story of harassment, intimidation and jail - Zunar. (English) RM59.90
- [Even My Pen Has A Stand] Black Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00