FMT – Tea Party Gone Wrong!
Curated From: FREE MALAYSIA TODAY Title: Tea party gone wrong Original Article By: Fa Abdul | December 19, 2016 Maybe Zunar’s next tea party should have a different theme instead of Donald Dedak and Mickey Mah. For the past couple of years, Zunar has been…
Corrupt government fears cartoons
On 17 Dec 2016, I was arrested again by the police during my fund-raising program with my fans. The police confiscated more than 1,000 books which involved twelve (12) titles, causing losses of estimated RM30,000. I was taken to the police station and investigated under…
I need your support – Zunar
All my drawings which were exhibited in Penang on 25 November 2016 were confiscated by the police and placed under the police custody for an indefinite amount of time. The loss occured from that is about RM21,000.00. 1. The printing cost for each drawing (4…
Support from world’s renowned cartoonists
Six world’s renown and award-winning cartoonists have expressed their support for Zunar. They are: * Patrick Chappatte, editorial cartoonist for The New York Times & Le Temps * Jeff Danziger, editorial cartoonist for The Washington Post * Liza Donnelly, editorial cartoonist for the New Yorker…
Media invitation: Judicial Review application against the travel ban
I will be filing a Judicial Review application against the travel ban imposed on me on 17 October 2016, from travelling out of Malaysia. Details are as follows: Date: 7 December 2016 (Wednesday) Time: 11 am Venue: Lobby, Kuala Lumpur Court Complex, Jalan Duta
Malaysia: harassment of cartoonist escalates
PEN INTERNATIONAL Malaysia: harassment of cartoonist escalates London, 2 December 2016 Original site http://www.pen-international.org/newsitems/malaysia-harassment-of-cartoonist-escalates/# THE Malaysian authorities must drop all charges and end the harassment against cartoonist Zunar for peacefully exercising his right to free expression, PEN International said today. Already facing nine counts of…
Zunar in the news
1. THE NEW YORK TIMES A Malaysian Political Cartoonist on Facing His Fears, and Prison, for Art HONG KONG — When protesters disrupted an art exhibition by Zulkiflee Anwar Ulhaque, a political cartoonist, at the George Town Literary Festival in Malaysia on Saturday, he assumed…
Support from international organisations
1. Committee to Protect Journalists Malaysia intensifies harassment of award-winning cartoonist Bangkok, November 28, 2016―Malaysian authorities should drop all criminal charges against award-winning cartoonist Zulkiflee Anwar Ulhaque, popularly known as Zunar, and cease harassing him for his work, the Committee to Protect Journalists said today….
ATTACKED AND ARRESTED!
10th Sedition charge is on the way On 26 November 2016, I was arrested, detained and investigated under two laws: the Sedition Act and the Penal Code. The arrest was made a day after an attack on me and my exhibition by the pro-government thugs….
CARTOON-O-PHOBIA – 20 cartoons that scare the Malaysian government
These cartoons were exhibited in Penang, Malaysia on 25 November 2016, Zunar has been attacked by pro government thugs at the exhibition venue. On the following day, he was arrested by the police and locked up under the Sedition Act and The Penal Code. He…
“I WILL KEEP DRAWING UNTIL THE LAST DROP OF MY INK.” TALKING TO ZUNAR. PART II.
By: Charlotte Chin I had the pleasure to interview the Malaysian cartoonist Zulkiflee Anwar Ulhaque, who is better known as Zunar. His cartoons are cynical, regime-critical and are dealing with several political issues such as corruption, cronyism or the glamorous life of Prime Minister Najib…
Buy My Merchandise
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" Black Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" White Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" Black Long Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM35.00
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" White Long Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM35.00
- Ketawa Pink Pink RM30.00
- Twit Twit Cincin RM30.00