THE INTERNATIONAL FEDERATION OF JOURNALISTS (IFJ) CONDEM THE TRAVEL BAN OF A NOTABLE POLITICAL CARTOONIST IN MALAYSIA
The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) joins its affiliate, the National Union of Journalists Malaysia (NUJM), in condemning the travel ban of a notable political cartoonist in Malaysia. The IFJ demands that the ban be immediately lifted, and that freedom of movement is ensured for all media workers within the country.
On October 17, freelance political cartoonist, Zulkiflee Anwar Ulhaque, commonly known as Zunar, was stopped by immigration authorities at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport as he attempted to travel to Singapore. He was told by the immigration officers that they had received a direct order from the Inspector General of Police (IGP), Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar, to prevent him from leaving the country, effective from the 24th of June 2016.
Buy My Merchandise
- Kartun Anti Racism (KAR) RM30.00
- "Fight Through Cartoons" My story of harassment, intimidation and jail - Zunar. (English) RM59.90
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" Black Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" White Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" Black Long Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM35.00
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" White Long Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM35.00