The fabricating of my cartoons on social media
Zunar press release
On 8 April 2019, I have made a report to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission regarding the fabricating activities of my cartoons on social medias. The report number is 0419-01-0001200-CPCB.
In that report, I named two Facebook account holders and one Twitter account holder for fabricating and editing my original artworks prior to publishing the fabricated works on their social media.
1. Facebook account holder ‘Neezam Perkasa’. He posted a modified cartoon on the 1st of April 2019 or before (attached herewith is the screen shot).
2. Facebook account holder ‘Roslan Bian’. He posted a modified cartoon on the 29th of March 2019 or before (attached herewith is the screen shot).
3. Twitter account holder ‘Tun Faisal’. He posted a modified cartoon on the 31st of March 2019 or before. He also posted another modified cartoon on the 1st of April 2019 (attached herewith are the screen shots).
4. It is a serious case of infringement and violation of an intellectual property.
5. Beside fabricating and editing, they also added slanderous and malicious words that could paramount to destroying my reputation. By the time this statement is released, they may have deleted the said postings, but that does not mean they can get away with it.
Attached herewith also are the original works of mine which was published in December 2015 and October 2012.
I hereby demand the three of them as below:
1. To make a public apology to me and it must be posted as a status in the respective social medias. The words of those apologies must first require an approval from me prior to posting. In order to do that, they can email me at [email protected] or send a direct message to Facebook Zunar Cartoonist Fan Club.
2. They are given seven (7) days to do so. Failing which, I will not hesitate to take legal actions against them. I have already consulted my lawyers pertaining this matter.
3. This stern action is not subjected to just the three of them. My team will keep a vigilant eye towards these irresponsible activities on social medias for similar actions to be taken.
8 April 2019
Buy My Merchandise
- Kartun Anti Racism (KAR) RM30.00
- "Fight Through Cartoons" My story of harassment, intimidation and jail - Zunar. (English) RM59.90
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" Black Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" White Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" Black Long Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" White Long Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar