Malaysia: Drop charges against cartoonist Zunar
ARTICLE 19 has joined together with English PEN, Index on Censorship, Media Legal Defence Initiative, and PEN International to write to the Malaysian Prime Minister calling for the charges against cartoonist, Zunar, to be dropped.
Cartoonist Zulkiflee Anwar Haque “Zunar”, faces a record-breaking nine charges under the Sedition Act for comments made on Twitter, and if convicted, could face up to 43 years imprisonment.
The Malaysian authorities have intensified their crackdown on journalists, writers, activists, students, academics and artists. We condemn these rights violations and urge the international community to support the right of Zunar and everyone in Malaysia to speak freely.
– See more at: http://www.article19.org/resources.php/resource/37971/en/malaysia:-drop-charges-against-cartoonist-zunar#sthash.Cw5slzMO.dpu
Buy My Merchandise
Politik Caca Marba - Kartun2 Era PN
Rated 4.00 out of 5RM30.00
- Hello Mr. Peng Khia Nutt [Digital Book] RM10.00
Zunar Clearance Bundle Pack
- Kartun Anti Racism (KAR) RM30.00
- [Even My Pen Has A Stand] Black Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00
- [Even My Pen Has A Stand] White Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00