COURT UPDATE High Court rejects travel ban challenge.
29 Nov 2017: The Kuala Lumpur High Court has dismissed my application to challenge the travel ban, which was imposed by the Malaysian government on me on the “Special Reason” ground. The ban took place after my exhibition in Geneva in June 2016. Since then, I am not allowed to travel outside Malaysia.
I will file an appeal soon.
On Dec 2016 I have filed a legal suit to challenge the ban and named the Director General of Immigration, Home Minister and the Malaysian Government as respondents.
The grounds of the challenge are that there is no reason given by the authorities for the travel ban, and there is no court order barring me from leaving the country. Hence, this arbitrary banning is an abuse of power and a breach of natural justice and the Federal Constitution. The court is expected to set a date for the trial soon.
Buy My Merchandise
- Politik Caca Marba - Kartun2 Era PN RM30.00
- Hello Mr. Peng Khia Nutt [Digital Book] RM10.00
Zunar Clearance Bundle Pack
- Kartun Anti Racism (KAR) RM30.00
- [Even My Pen Has A Stand] Black Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00
- [Even My Pen Has A Stand] White Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00