Malaysia: Award-Winning Cartoonist Zunar Barred From Leaving Country
Zunar’s cartoon about his travel ban
Zunar, award winning political cartoonist and activist, was held by the immigration police on October 17, 2016, at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. He had been told that he was barred from travelling, effective from June 24.
The order was confirmed by an immigration officer to be instructed directly from the Inspector General Of Police (IGP), Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar. The IGP has no legal right to restrict Zunar’s movement and to bar him from leaving the country without a court order. Zunar intends to legally challenge the travel ban.
Buy My Merchandise
- "Fight Through Cartoons" My story of harassment, intimidation and jail - Zunar. (English) RM59.90
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" Black Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" White Short Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM30.00
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" Black Long Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM35.00
- "Even My Pen Has A Stand" White Long Sleeve T-Shirt by Zunar RM35.00
- Ketawa Pink Pink RM30.00